Friday 12 September 2008

Lil's Obituary at Jorg's Memorial Service

SEPTEMBER 8th

AT CHRIST CHURCH, IN LOVING OF JORG?S MEMORIAL SERVICE

I am standing here today. before you, because we all have lost one of the greatest guys we?ve ever known.? I have known Jorg for only 5 years, but my family and I, were truly touched by him;? and I wished I could stretch out the time.? But unfortunately, I could not. On Jorg?s? 48 birthday, which had been held this year on August 10;? my family and I had given Jorg a card which was written, A mark on the stone rather than a written sand will be the monumentary of having you in our lives.? You are more than just a Chef, a Husband, a Son, a Father, a Man or just a Client?..? But you are our Hero.? A Hero because of your good heart and warmth that touched every of our souls that gathered today.? We love you and will always do.? Happy Birthday, Jorg!??

The last 58 days of his life, that he spent time fighting with cancer:? sometimes, he felt sick, felt so discomfort, weak and even pain.? But never once that he showed his anger, frustration or showed his bad mood.? He always showed us his smiling face and he even entertained all the visitors, who visited him at the hospital.? I remembered, just 2 days before he had passed away, one of his closed friend visited him.? On that day, he was so short of breath, he was tired and he was already under the morphine: he could hardly say much.? But once this good friend of his told him that he had to go to get back to work;? Jorg said, ?I am so sorry I am not a good company today.?? I just could not hold my tears.? He was so sweet, even when he could hardly breath for air, he still cared for others.? He was born truly a Hero of the Hospitality World.?

Although it hurt to see that our best friend passed away, and that we would never see him again:? somehow, we all were so relief truly to see that Jorg did not suffer so much at all.? He passed away in peace, surrounded by those he loved and cared so dearly:? which were his wife and his three wonderful children.? I was there as well at the time.?

Jorg has fought so hard to survive the cancer since the day he found he got it.? It was just too bad that we found it too late.? During these 58 days that he was in the hospital, his room was always full with visitors, with all his friends, his colleagues, ex-staffs, his beloved wife, K. Jieb, who took so good care of him:? and even his three children, who came to visit him.? It was Jorg would told everyone that he would be fine, and would go back to Phuket and started his work at Arahmas again soon.? He was a real fighter, with the guts to live as the head of his family; and to work in his profession that he loved passionately.? However, his body did lose the battle of cancer, but his heart did win!? Just the night before he was gone, he asked me to talk to him:? and I knew so well what he wanted to hear.? So, I did promise him that all of us, Jorg?s friends, will help to look after his wife and of his children and to take care of his last wishes.? I also told him that he was a real lucky guy and that one day if? it is my turn to die, I wish I could have what he did, for he had always been surrounded by all his beloved friends and family, who visited him often just to say hello, and to share the last goodbye.?

Only me alone, I could never have done anything to assist or to look after Jorg and his family now that he has gone. But if you all are with me and believe as I do how Jorg had been the hero who contributed many things in his life for us, and that he did touched our hearts one way or the another:? I do hope and beg every one of you, as to help taking care of the 4 persons whom Jorg has loved so dearly, and they are right here with us on the front roll: K. Jieb and his 3 wonderful kids, Alison, Andrew and Kevin.?\

Thank you

No comments: